Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our Trip


I just came back from a wonderful trip in Quebec City with Jon. My original idea for my vacation was to document one thing that I loved each day - but, that was impossible because I loved every single thing about our trip!

We took the train there - it was a long train ride but it was so amazing to look out of the window and see part of our wonderful country whizzing by while sipping red wine.

We stayed at the loveliest bed and breakfast right in the walled city. This place was a total gem. It was homey, but not so much so that you were paranoid about coming in late or making noise. The owner was such a sweetheart too. She mapped out all of the goings-on in the city for us as soon as we arrived.

The first night after dinner, Jon and I headed down to the pier to watch The Image Mill. This is the worlds largest projection - and it portrays an artistic interpretation of Quebec City's history. It is all projected on a mill on the other side of the St. Lawrence River. I have never seen anything so cool! If anyone is in Quebec City in the summertime, I would highly recommend checking this out.

We spent our days strolling around the city, there is just so much to do! We saw some street performances - Jon even got picked to assist in one! The food was spectacular, the drinks were generous, and the people delightful. We came home lugging our new memories (and not to mention, a bit of weight in shopping!) and tonnes of pictures to share.


Je t'aime!


Michelle xxo




No comments:

Post a Comment