Friday, June 11, 2010

Boldness is Badass

All of my close friends and family would completely disagree when I say that I am shy. But, I am. I have a sense of humor that can make any stranger doubt my bashful nature, sometimes I can even trick myself into thinking that I am super confident! The truth is, my loved ones make me feel confident, funny, intelligent and beautiful. Of course I know how to feel all of those things on my own...

...But, when it comes to confrontation in any form - I start to seriously doubt myself. I feel so small! I hate confrontation. It makes me feel like I want to run away as fast as I can and hide until it all goes away. Of course, being a self-sufficient woman, that is not at all realistic.

That is why I love my inner Badass! She is the culmination of listening to my intuition, firmness, fairness, intelligence, and a little bit of super heroism for good measure. Sometimes the result is a simple but significant "No", sometimes it is pointing out an injustice. But, whatever the outcome, one's inner badass stands up (sometimes against all odds) and exclaims that she needs to be heard - and the reason: she listened to herself.


Tough Love,

Michelle xxo


No comments:

Post a Comment