Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love Happens Even When You're Feeling Icky

Ugh! I feel so sick today! I woke up with a throbbing headache, stiff muscles, sore throat, and raspy voice. I even got ready for work in ten minute shifts because I was so drained of energy.

It would be smart after a full day of work to go home and take care of myself. It may sound super pathetic, but I love sick pity! I love being doted on by my loved ones when I'm feeling under the weather. I love the sweet look from co-workers and even total strangers when they hear my cold-affected voice. It is a universal understanding, an outlet to project love. I don't think it's about actual pity, I just love the little reminder that comes along with being sick - like the world tells you "I think you're a remarkable person, and I wish you were feeling as wonderful as you are!"

I think being sick is a physical reminder to self-love also. Your body is literally telling you to 'Slow down! Relax! Take care of yourself!' You can indulge in that book you've been wanting to read, watch your guilty pleasure movie, or your snuggle in your comfiest pair of 'jammies.

You can clean the kitchen later, check those e-mails tomorrow, and of course your friends won't mind that you have to reschedule your dinner plans. Spread some of that love inwards and remind yourself that YOU are worth taking care of.

I, for one plan on doing exactly that!


....after I finish the laundry!

Lub,


Michelle xxo


No comments:

Post a Comment