Friday, June 4, 2010

An Unexpected Love

I love Sparky!!

Allow me to backtrack.

I was on my way home from work today, and I could feel a buzz in the air. The village I live in has a cute festival that is happening this weekend, and all of the stores that line the street just near my apartment were having street sales. Needing a couple of hours to kill before meeting one of my good friends for a patio beer, I decided that it would be the perfect time to stop in at one of my favourite clothing stores. (I'll save my love for this store for another day, but I will say that it is a hidden gem, and I get most of my wardrobe compliments from its pieces).

When the bell jingles as I walk in, I am not greeted by the owner, but by a furry little raggamuffin who looks like he's part muppet. He was bashful and wary at first - but, in no time, he was following me around the store (and even popped his head into the change room to see how I was doing! Little sneak!)

Val (the owner) explained that he was her new dog, Sparky. Being quite taken by this amicable character, I asked when she got him. Val went on to explain that today, a very elderly gentleman randomly entered the store and said that he had to move and couldn't take Sparky with him. He also said that if he couldn't find Sparky a home, he may have to be put down. I gasped in unison with another woman in the store. What a sad story! But, as I browsed the store, I thought about it. Val told this story without one ounce of judgement towards the man (who was apparently quite sad to be letting Sparky go himself), and also took the pup in without any question.

My daily love belongs to Val and Sparky.

Combing through the clothing, I looked over at the two of them (Sparky perched on her knee) and realized that I was witnessing the magic of love at first sight. Right there. In a clothing store.

Lovingly,


Michelle xxo




No comments:

Post a Comment