Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twist and Shake!

I am going to start off by stating very clearly that I dislike natural disasters. People can be killed by the thousands, homes and businesses ruined in seconds, and schools collapsed in the blink of an eye. It takes years to rebuild lives for some caught in floods, earthquakes and hurricanes, and some aren't as lucky. Large natural disasters are in a word: horrendous.

I am going to coin a term for those thunder/hail/snow storms that take everyone by surprise, but cause no major damage. These I will; call Mini Natural Fiasco's. It involves the type of booming thunder that makes you aware of just how powerful the atmosphere in the world can be, yet doesn't bring down buildings. Not to say that I love Mini Natural Fiasco's - I like them. I mean, who doesn't like a snow day as a result of a snowstorm, or marveling in absolute awe at beautiful lightning shows? I like when the forces of nature shake us out of of our daily grind and urge us to look onwards and upwards. To feel the strong wind, or listen to the pelting hail.

But, what I really love is the clustering and chattering of people that comes along when these storms occur. I love that nervous energy! It seems to bring out the social side of people, everyone bonds over what is going on outside. Who doesn't love being in a room full of people when the power goes out? It's a blast! Everyone sports a 'go-with-the-flow' exterior, but the chatty energy shines through!

I am definitely guilty of it, but I still think it's cute! Today we felt tremors of a 5.5 earthquake in Toronto. I have never felt an earthquake before and many others I've spoken to haven't either. Everyone has been talking about it all day while hunkering down for the major thunderstorms expected tonight.

My version of 'hunkering down' will involve homemade pasta, a glass of wine and some dark chocolate....and of course, giddily chatting about the storm with my man.

Whirlwinds of Love!


Michelle xxo



Love,


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment